IBM iSeries/AS400 Modernization
SrinSoft helps customers to unlock the potential of IBMi (AS/400, iSeries, Power Systems and RPG/400) applications by modernizing to web based application. This allows organizations the benefits to keep reliable legacy applications while increasing the front-end functionality. Our experts transform 5250 green screens into web-based GUI by using the right modernization tools.
SrinSoft's iSeries modernization services includes:
- Database Modernization
- UI Modernization
- Application Code Modernization
SrinSoft has successfully Modernize Legacy iSeries Applications:
- IBM i (AS/400) to Unix / Linux / Windows
- RPG / COBOL / Synon to Java / C# .NET
- DB2/400 to Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL
- Green screen 5250 UI to GUI (Web-based or rich-client)
- Re-facing - Retaining business logic, and adding Web GUI to an existing application in the front end
- Re-engineering - Enhance existing application and interfacing with modern applications
- Replacement - Replacing existing AS/400 based applications with newer applications on more modern platforms, based on Microsoft .NET, Java, PHP or any open source technologies
AS/400 Modernization Tools
- Visual LANSA(Tool for Web Application Development)
- LANSA Ramp
- aXes LANSA(Tools for Application Modernization)
- Open for .Net
- ASNA VRPG
- ASNA Wings
- ASNA Monarch
- X-Analysis software Suite
- NewLook Suite
Web Application Development
- Visual LANSA comes with ready-to-use components that are the visual building blocks or user interface elements of Web pages.
- Visual LANSA incorporates a feature called Web Application Modules (WAM) that use a multi-tiered application architecture.
- Using LANSA Application Modernization tools we can Renovate or Reuse or Replace the existing application
- A key benefit of LANSA is its repository architecture where database related rules and definitions (field properties, display components, formula fields, validations, triggers, etc.,) are stored independently
- ASNA Visual RPG (AVR) works inside Visual Studio and directly produces .NET binaries (as Microsoft Intermediate Language files).
- AVR can be used to create a variety of program types and connects directly to the IBM I and Microsoft SQL Server, using RPG idioms such as its record level access model, data structures, RPG built-in-functions, and externally described files
- ASNA Wings transforms green-screen display files to modern browser pages. And because Wings uses IBM's Rational Open Access RPG Edition, program logic and file IO remain on the IBM i.
- Wings also includes ASNA's browser based emulator Browser Terminal (BTerm), to display those programs you don't want to (or can't) modernize.
- Unlike screen scrapers, all of the display file data is presented to Wings, so there are many ways to further customize the presentation layer.
- ASNA Monarch transforms IBM i programs or applications originally written in ILE RPG or RPG/400, into a native Microsoft .NET application. For a complete re platforming, Monarch can even migrate your IBM i database to SQL Server.
Automated Conversion (iModernize)Transform legacy code and data automatically - Gets to new technology and leaves legacy trail
Code Transformation (X-Modernize / X-2E Modernize)Modernize using automated tools - Highly automated with flexibility in target architecture and maintainable code. More manual effort than option 1.
Extraction (Design Recovery) and Re-Write (X-Analysis / X-Harvest)Extract data model and business rules using automated analysis tools and re-write - Technical benefits of full rewrite with risk reduced by leveraging existing data model and rules
Replace with a Packaged Application
- Purchase a package(s) to replace legacy systems
- Cost effective, adopts new technology; may not fit all business needs
Zend Framework IBM i Modernization 2.0
With the flare-up of users demanding access to the data and business logic on your IBM i, your modernization plan has to be more than normal screen-scraping. You should provide information to multiple devices, with the same level of flexibility, performance and security as the back office applications on your IBM i.
PHP is one of the popular programming language for web applications and mobile applications. Zend has support for the PHP Open-Source Community. Zend Server runs on the IBM i and is offered as a simple to every IBM i customer.
How Zend Helps
- Simple connectivity to DB2 for IBM i
- Run Natively on the IBM i
- Cost Effective
- High performance
- Rapid modernization
- Simplified debugging and performance tuning with Z-Ray
- Popular IBM i users Prada, DHL, and Starbucks uses Zend.