IBM iSeries/AS400 Modernization
SrinSoft helps customers to unlock the potential of IBMi (AS/400, iSeries, Power Systems and RPG/400) applications by modernizing to web based application. This allows organizations the benefits to keep reliable legacy applications while increasing the front-end functionality. Our experts transform 5250 green screens into web-based GUI by using the right modernization tools.
SrinSoft's iSeries modernization services includes:
- Database Modernization
- UI Modernization
- Application Code Modernization
SrinSoft has successfully Modernize Legacy iSeries Applications:
- IBM i (AS/400) to Unix / Linux / Windows
- RPG / COBOL / Synon to Java / C# .NET
- DB2/400 to Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL
- Green screen 5250 UI to GUI (Web-based or rich-client)
- Re-facing - Retaining business logic, and adding Web GUI to an existing application in the front end
- Re-engineering - Enhance existing application and interfacing with modern applications
- Replacement - Replacing existing AS/400 based applications with newer applications on more modern platforms, based on Microsoft .NET, Java, PHP or any open source technologies
AS/400 Modernization Tools
- Visual LANSA(Tool for Web Application Development)
- LANSA Ramp
- aXes LANSA(Tools for Application Modernization)
- Open for .Net
- ASNA VRPG
- ASNA Wings
- ASNA Monarch
- X-Analysis software Suite
- NewLook Suite
Web Application Development
- Visual LANSA comes with ready-to-use components that are the visual building blocks or user interface elements of Web pages.
- Visual LANSA incorporates a feature called Web Application Modules (WAM) that use a multi-tiered application architecture.
- Using LANSA Application Modernization tools we can Renovate or Reuse or Replace the existing application
- A key benefit of LANSA is its repository architecture where database related rules and definitions (field properties, display components, formula fields, validations, triggers, etc.,) are stored independently
- ASNA Visual RPG (AVR) works inside Visual Studio and directly produces .NET binaries (as Microsoft Intermediate Language files).
- AVR can be used to create a variety of program types and connects directly to the IBM I and Microsoft SQL Server, using RPG idioms such as its record level access model, data structures, RPG built-in-functions, and externally described files
- ASNA Wings transforms green-screen display files to modern browser pages. And because Wings uses IBM's Rational Open Access RPG Edition, program logic and file IO remain on the IBM i.
- Wings also includes ASNA's browser based emulator Browser Terminal (BTerm), to display those programs you don't want to (or can't) modernize.
- Unlike screen scrapers, all of the display file data is presented to Wings, so there are many ways to further customize the presentation layer.
- ASNA Monarch transforms IBM i programs or applications originally written in ILE RPG or RPG/400, into a native Microsoft .NET application. For a complete re platforming, Monarch can even migrate your IBM i database to SQL Server.
Automated Conversion (iModernize)Transform legacy code and data automatically - Gets to new technology and leaves legacy trail
Code Transformation (X-Modernize / X-2E Modernize)Modernize using automated tools - Highly automated with flexibility in target architecture and maintainable code. More manual effort than option 1.
Extraction (Design Recovery) and Re-Write (X-Analysis / X-Harvest)Extract data model and business rules using automated analysis tools and re-write - Technical benefits of full rewrite with risk reduced by leveraging existing data model and rules
Replace with a Packaged Application
- Purchase a package(s) to replace legacy systems
- Cost effective, adopts new technology; may not fit all business needs