- US based leading organization in industrial manufacturing and North America's largest producer of semi-trailers and liquid transportation systems. Established in 1985 in Lafayette, Indiana. The company specializes in the design and production of dry freight vans, refrigerated vans, platform trailers, liquid tank trailers, intermodal equipment, engineered products and composite products. In September 2017 the company acquired Supreme Industries, Inc. a leading manufacturer of truck bodies.
Relationship Between SrinSoft & Client
- SrinSoft entered a multiyear contract with Client in to reverse engineer and document their current AS400 systems for ongoing support. Initially SrinSoft started the relationship with a consultant working out of client location to analyze their existing environment to understand their current system & architecture and proposed support process and team structure.
- The client wanted to streamline their IT environment and set up new support process & team. The core ERP application of the client runs in AS400 system with two different versions. Also, they have multiple internal and external application with one on one integration to their AS400 ERP. They had a future vision to migrate from AS400 to another platform, but don’t have appropriate documentation of their current IT environment and also resources to maintain & support the current AS400 application, Documentation, Business Application (Architecture diagram) and Current support process.
The key challenges are as follows:
- Documentation issues.
- Support Process and Team
- Manage their Application and Infrastructure
- The immediate requirement for SrinSoft is AS400 support, SrinSoft would require understanding on the current system and architecture. Initial Analysis phase was proposed to be done first to understand the current environment and application system
- As a part of the analysis phase, SrinSoft deployed one of our consultants at client location for analysis and documenting their current business application, process and their IT environment. The below diagram outlines the analysis steps and approach.
- Based on the analysis SrinSoft delivered the detail documentation of their current IT
2.Managed Services of their Application and Infrastructure
- SrinSoft set up a dedicated 5 member of team to provide 24/7 support to their business application and infrastructure. The team will be working in three different shifts to cover the 24/7/365 support and Maintenance.
- AS400 Application Documentation
- Managed Services
- Improved SLA response from 50% to 20%
- Real-time business reports and dashboards that provides business insight
- Improved productivity by up to 20% for enhancements through workflow automation Up to 30% decrease in customer disputes resolution time